Riley Development Academy is set to begin its 11th year of Spring Training Programs. We are excited to announce a NEW 6-week Spring Footskills and 3 vs 3 Futsal Soccer League.
This Program will be held on Monday evenings beginning Monday, April 13th and running for 6 consecutive weeks through Monday, May 18th. This program will focus on a 15-minute warmup, followed by 25 minutes of footskills and finishing with 35 minutes of 3v3 Futsal.
What is Futsal?
Developed in Brazil, the game of Futsal uses a “dead soccer ball” with little or no bounce as it hits the floor. Heavier in weight than a traditional soccer ball, the size 4 Futsal Ball is harder to kick in the air. Futsal emphasizes “skills” as many goals are scored off a dribble or from closer in, with emphasis on improvisation, creativity, technique, ball control and effective passing in smaller spacing.
Week 1 - Monday April 13th
Week 2 - Monday April 20th
Week 3 - Monday April 27th
Week 4 - Monday May 4th
Week 5 - Monday May 11th
Week 6 - Monday May 18th
7/8/9-year old’s train from 5:00-6:15
10/11/12 year old’s train from 6:00-7:15
13/14/15-year old’s train from 7:00-8:15
16/17/18-year old’s train from 8:00-9:15
First 15 Minutes (ex: 5:00-5:15)
- Warm Up (Speed ladders, Hurdles, Rings, and More)
Next 25 Minutes (ex: 5:15-5:40)
-Footskills (Dribbling, Toe Walks, Push/Cut, Slaloms, and PLENTY OF COMPETITION)
Final 35 Minutes (ex: 5:40-6:15)
-3 vs 3 Futsal (Kids will break into teams of 3 and scrimmage for the final 35 minutes)
$100 per player for the 6 weeks (Includes t shirt)
If you have any questions please email Chris at email@example.com
• After a goal is scored pull the boy directly out of the net and PLAY
• When ball goes out of bounds you may DRIBBLE or PASS to restart play
• All kick ins and free kicks are indirect except PK’s
• A PK will be awarded when the ball is touched inside the goal arc by ANY PLAYER
• Kids ref their own games (with the help of a volunteer)
• Score MUST be kept on the scoreboard provided
• Both teams must shake hands following a game
• Substitute on any stoppage
• NO HALFTIME
If a team gets down by 5 goals they may put another player on to play 4 on 3. If they do not have a sub to put in the game, the other team must take 1 player off and play 3 on 2. The game is played like this until the team playing up a man is back to within 2 goals.
Field Dimensions: 90’x48’